The administration of user data is done via the integrated user management in the WebApp. The availability of this menu tab in the navigation bar and the associated management functions is exclusively available to the tenant administrator(s) defined by the tenant.
In this context, two cross-project basic user roles, one of which a user has to assume at any time from a tenant’s point of view, should be distinguished from the other:
- TenantAdmin: The basic user role of a tenant administrator allows unlimited management of all customer data assigned to his tenant. The access rights for the use of associated project content, however, depend on the assigned project user role. A “TenantAdmin” is automatically involved in all newly created projects of the corresponding client in the project role “ProjectAdmin”.
- SimpleUser: This basic user role has no administrative rights from the point of view of its tenant, can therefore neither manage users nor configurations or interfaces and cannot even view tenenat data. However, a “SimpleUser” can be assigned a project user role with appropriate permissions for editing project content as well as for the partial administration of individual projects. A “SimpleUser” is not initially involved in any new projects, not even in newly created ones.
To illustrate the characteristics of different basic authorizations (see Figure 1), the already logged-in user “Max Mustermann” has the basic user role “TenantAdmin”, whereas “Maria Musterfrau” has been preconfigured as “SimpleUser” from the point of view of the common tenant “Muster AG”. While “Max Mustermann” can access every currently available management function via the correspondingly named menu tab in the navigation bar, “Maria Musterfrau” can only use the “Projects” menu tab to retrieve the metadata of those projects in which she is currently involved.
Note: A ReqSuite® tenant can have more than one user in the role of “SimpleUser” and, if required, also more than one “TenantAdmin”, whereby the first tenant administrator is created by OSSENO Software GmbH during tenant initialization.
To perform administrative tasks in the context of user management, click on the “Users” menu tab in the navigation bar. The main display area then displays a table with all the users that have been created so far and are assigned to your tenant (see Figure 2).
The following user administration functions are available:
- Add user: Click the “Add user…” button above the table. An input window opens in which you can enter user data such as “User name”,”Last name” and “E-Mail” as well as the desired basic user role under “Role” and a login password (see Figure 3 on the left).
- Edit user: Click on the “pencil icon” in the last row column of the user to be changed. A editing window opens in which you can adjust existing user data or add missing information (see Figure 3, middle).
- Delete user: Click on the “trashcan icon” in the last row column of the user to be deleted. A query window opens, in which you can confirm the irrevocable deletion of the user from the system with the “OK” button or cancel the process using “Cancel” (see figure 3 on the right).
Note: In the case of mandatory input fields, insufficient information is indicated by means of a short note (see Figure 3). In addition, it is possible to abort the respective process at any time by clicking the “Cancel” button in the corresponding dialog box.
For the realization of concrete access rights to project content as well as the associated administration functions, three project user roles are distinguished from a project viewpoint. These can be assumed by users independently of the two aforementioned basic user roles for individual projects (see “Assign users” under Project Management for more information on this topic).