ReqSuite® Requirements Manager (RM)
This sophisticated assistance function serves for the guided elaboration of project contents on the basis of context-sensitive work instructions and provides all necessary interface windows and additional information. To this end, it delivers suggestions in terms of subsequent instructions on how to further proceed with open tasks in the context of the opened project to participants that are responsible for specific content elements. This feature is further enhanced by a task pane to the right of the main screen giving a concise overview of completed and open tasks assigned to the respective participants.
The Work Suggestions can be activated and deactivated via menu item “On” and “Off”, respectively, when navigating the menu bar from button “Assistance” down to the submenu “Work Suggestions”. It supports project participants at getting adaptive and context-sensitive assistance throughout the entire process of elaborating relevant information. The Work Suggestions offer all the necessary functions directly (see Figure 1+2).
- Capture content: To enter or identify the content elements belonging to a content type (also known as content category) in a corresponding work suggestion, click on the work suggestion on the right. A dialog box will open (see Figure 2), in which you can choose from the following options:
- Add element(s): You can create the elements belonging to the content category by clicking on the upper left button “Add <category name>” and rename them under “Name”. If you are working in a project with a collaboration strategy, select the users responsible for creating these elements from the selection menu in the “Responsible” column of the table. To delete created items, use the “Delete” button in the corresponding table row.
- Link element(s): As an alternative to “Add element(s)”, you can reuse content elements that you have already determined in the context of the project at the respective point. To do this, select the content items you want to use from the list below under “Select existing <category name>”.
- Import element(s): You can also import content from projects that have been reused. To do this, click on the button “Import <category name>” in the upper right-hand corner and a corresponding preview window for importable content will be opened (see Figure 3). In such an import window, you can use the checkboxes to select whether and which content elements of the corresponding content type you want to import into your current project. You can also specify whether these contents are to be imported as a reference or as a copy. Content that is reused as a copy can be further edited without affecting the base project from which it was imported. Referenced content is synchronized with the original base project and can only be revised there. For the concrete functioning of the information contained in this section see: Reuse.
- Link content: Linking of content is done automatically when using the Work Suggestions. During the capture of content elements, ReqSuite® connects these elements to all associated elements without manual intervention. However, you can also postprocess these relationships manually using the Content Manager.
Note: ReqSuite® explicitly distinguishes between capturing content elements and the detailing of these elements. Identification (with a short name or keyword) is the main focus of the recording process, while detailing is concerned with concretisation and formulation using predefined templates and/or notations.
- Detail content: To formulate content, click on the “Description template” hyperlink in a corresponding work instruction. Alternatively, you can access the description template by double-clicking on the content element in the Content Manager. An editing window will open.
Note: The use of the Work Suggestions is optional and can be switched on or off at any time by clicking on “Work Suggestions: On/Off” in the menu bar. Note that the filtering of content in the Content Manager caused by activating the Work Suggestions is canceled as soon as you deactivate the Work Suggestions.
Working with and without Work Suggestions is not mutually exclusive, but complements each other. You can switch between project work via the Content Manager and project work with Work Suggestions support as often as you like. This is because it adapts dynamically to the current situation and can also provide useful work support if content changes were previously made exclusively via the Content Manager.
For more hands-on details on the Work Suggestions feature of ReqSuite, please take a look at the following tutorial video: