ReqSuite® Requirements Manager (RM)
For maximal flexibility in terms of context-specific user perspectives, the content bar allows for switching its view on project contents between two different variants, a folder view on project categories using button “staple icon” and a refinement view on category elements using button “tree icon” (see Figure 1).
- Folder view: In this view the content bar lists all project categories as defined for the project’s configuration template. These categories can be further structured by folders which can be unveiled by clicking the arrow annotation left of the category name. In order to show the individual elements as part of those categories, just click on the category name which lets the content chart display all the projects elements that are associated with that category based on its corresponding view.
- Refinement view: Initially this tree-like view lists all individual category elements by their identifiers and names in the content bar that are either the root of existing relations between elements or have no relations to other elements at all. In order to navigate through existing relations to other elements, simply click on the arrow annotation left of the element name.
Note: Only one of the two content bar views can be active at a time, that is, only the corresponding variant of the second left-most button for switching the view will be shows in the upper part of the content bar .
In addition to the supported views, the content bar allows for a number of generic functions related to project categories and elements that can be called via corresponding buttons in the upper and lower menu part of the content bar as follows.
- Search in project: By typing a (partial) search term of at least 2 characters into the search field “Search in project…” and confirming via “enter” keyboard key or click on button “magnifier icon”, a search results window is opened which lists the results of the search in a tabular overview sorted by content category. By clicking on any of the resulting table rows the editing window of the corresponding element is opened. The replace function of the search results window is accessible via button “Replace…” and can be used to replace all occurrences of a specific term within the search results with another term based on the option of considering parts of words or “whole words only”.
- Reload project: By clicking on the “arrow circle icon”, the entire project including all content elements is reloaded from the server. This is recommended in cases where data is not up-to-date from the user’s point of view.
- Collapse all elements: By clicking on button “dash icon”, all expanded categories, category folders, or element relation trees in the content bar are collapsed reducing the corresponding view to the root categories and elements only.
- New folder: Via menu button “directory symbol” a folder can be created within the content category for structuring purposes of content elements which can be added to that folder afterwards.
- Delete folder: To delete an existing folder, select it in the content bar and click on button “trashcan symbol”. A confirmation pop-up appears indicating that deleting a folder also deletes all content elements contained therein the process of which can be accepted by clicking “OK” or aborted by clicking “Cancel”.
- Show changes to referenced elements: The orange notification button “exclamation sign” appears as soon as changes are made in the source project to the contents that are referenced in the currently opened project. When clicking this button, a notification window is opened listing all affected elements the changes of which can be compared by clicking on the corresponding hyperlink for an element in that list. To accept the changes to all of the listed elements, confirm by clicking on button “Yes”, otherwise click on button “No” which will ignore the current change status of the listed elements until another change occurs. In order to postpone this decision for now, click on button “Maybe later”. For more information on this topic, refer to the documentation section on Reuse.
- Calculate dynamic attributes: If there are formulas defined for any of the categories within the project configuration template this options can be used to recalculate the values for the corresponding element fields by clicking on button “calculator symbol”.
- Responsible for category: The lower drop-down menu located in the footer part of the content bar allows a project administrator to assign a responsible user to a specific content category. This user will receive corresponding task instructions related to that category in the course of project work.
Note: Assigning users responsible at the content element level always takes precedence over assigning users to the content category. This means that if a user is assigned to both a content element and the corresponding content category, the user directly assigned to the element applies for this content element.