ReqSuite® Requirements Manager (RM)
Like most other administration functions, configuration management is only available to client administrators (see User Administration). In addition to basic functions such as creating and deleting a configuration, document templates can be stored for this configuration and the integrated configuration designer can be opened for individual modeling or adaptation of configuration details.
To start the configuration management, click on “Project Templates” in the navigation bar. The main display area then displays a table with all the configurations created so far that are assigned to your tenant (see Figure 1).
The following configuration management functions are available:
- Add project template: Click the “Add Project Template…” button above the table. An input window opens in which you can enter the name and a textual description of the configuration and specify the language (“German” or “English”) of the details used in this configuration via the selection menu (see Figure 2 on the left).
- Edit project template: Click on the “Pencil icon” in the last row column of the configuration to be changed. An edit window opens in which you can adjust the previous entries for name and description. The language used for configuration details, however, cannot be changed afterwards (see Figure 2 in the middle).
- Copy project template: Click on the “Copy icon” in the last row column of the configuration to be copied. A dialog window opens in which you can confirm the copying of the configuration by clicking on the “OK” button or cancel the process by pressing “Cancel” (see Figure 2 in the top right-hand corner). The created copy of the original configuration is given its name with a sequential copy number as a suffix, which can be adjusted after copying.
- Delete project template: Click on the “trashcan icon” in the last row column of the configuration to be deleted. A query window opens, in which you can confirm the irrevocable deletion of the configuration from the system by clicking the “OK” button or cancel the process by clicking “Cancel” (see figure 2 at the bottom right).
- Manage document templates: Click on the “Word® icon” in the last row column of the configuration whose document templates you want to manage. A dialog box opens in which you can view, replace or add/delete further templates (see Figure 3). After “Main Template:” the currently mainly used standard template is shown, while in the table below additional “Further Templates” are shown. To upload a template, click on the respective button “Browse…“, select the corresponding document from the file system and click on “Upload” to the right of the file name displayed after “Selected file:” or click on “Cancel” if you want to cancel the process. With the exception of the main template, individual further templates can be deleted at any time by clicking on the “trashcan icon” button in the right-hand column of the table. By clicking on the file name of a stored template marked by a hyperlink, it can be downloaded for viewing or editing the definitions contained therein (see Document Definition for more information on this topic).
- Develop project template details: Click the “Blackboard icon” in the last row column of the configuration whose details you want to edit. In the main display area of the WebApp, the “Project Configuration – Designer” view is loaded, which allows you to use the integrated configuration designer to customize configuration details (see Designer for more information on this topic).